Monday, February 22, 2016

Reconnecting with Myself.

At times like this, I can't help but think I let writing become a sole purpose in my life while forgetting other aspects of myself. Don't get me wrong I enjoy creating fictional worlds for comics but I do other things to maintain my sanity as well as the next person on Earth. For this week I'm going to touch base with what makes me a unique individual.

Here's what I enjoy doing.

Sketching. As long as I can remember I've had a soft spot for art especially since childhood. I can't exactly recall my first drawing but comic books had a great effect on me when I read The Death of Superman at the age of six. Recently, I did a random sketch as therapy over college studies and missing #FebWritingChallenege.

Cooking. Like any self respecting person I can make a really good dish in the kitchen like a Philly cheese steak sandwhich and shrimp lo mein. 

Reading. Comics. Novels. I read 'em all! Don't get me started on what book I consider really good.

And that's what makes up the man here. When you're a writer of any genre, you have to keep in touch with yourself or the hobby will consume you completely and you're at a loss on who you are an individual. 

Keep in touch with yourself, friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment